|African Ubuntu Safaris||
Photo: Dana Allen
Set against the backdrop of the low Ondundozonanandana Mountains on the outskirts of the Etosha National Park, Andersson's Camp takes its name from Charles Andersson, the Swedish explorer who first 'discovered' the Etosha Pan with Sir Francis Galton in 1851.
This former farmstead has been rebuilt to modern day standards. The old farmhouse now forms the main area of Andersson's Camp with 20 en suite tents (16 twin-bedded and 2 family units) radiating outwards into the mopane woodlands typical of the region.
Tents are a mix of calcrete stone cladding, canvas, and wood, with double door entrances and a small veranda that is an extension of the elevated wooden decks on which the tents are constructed. The family units comprise 2 tents connected by a raised boardwalk. Energy-saving initiatives include solar heated water for showers, while throughout the camp most of the natural vegetation has been retained.
Andersson's Camp's close proximity to Etosha Pan is ideal for full day self-drives or guided drives.
Easily accessible by road, the camp strives to provide eco-sensitive, safe and down to earth lodging experiences for small groups, families and independent travellers to Etosha National Park.
Head office (Sydney):
Shop 3, 2 Crowther Avenue
+61 2 9877 6789
Off Ggaba Road,
Kansanga-Nabutiti, Plot 256
3 Derry Road
+27 83 334 8572